Date:      Mon, 03 Apr 2000 00:13:03 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Takahashi Yoshihiro <nyan@wyvern.cc.kogakuin.ac.jp>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Please review newbus patch for amd and adv

In message <20000403150908J.nyan@wyvern.cc.kogakuin.ac.jp> Takahashi Yoshihiro writes:
: Because, adv_isa.c is not required by PC-98, PC-98 requires only PCI
: frontend. Then it contains isa_dmacascade function which does not
: exist and is not needed for PC-98.

Is that because there's not isa bus on a pc-98?  Or that the adv_isa
cannot possibly work on the ISA bus that is in a pc-98?  If there's no
isa on the pc98, then config should take care of not including it.  So
I'm a little confused here.

If there is a isa bus, but it doesn't support dma, I think that we'd
have problems with many different drivers, and not just adv.

: The reason to comment out is to be clear that it is not required. If
: it is completely removed from files.pc98, we may guess wrong in the
: far future that we forgot to merge from files.i386.

This part I understand.  If it is a md file, then it makes sense to
leave it commented out like you did.

Warner