Date:      Thu, 3 Jan 2002 19:14:32 -0500 (EST)
From:      Stephen Hovey <shovey@buffnet.net>
To:        Matthew Graybosch <matthew@starbreaker.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Billy-boy's at it again!

> Stephen Hovey <shovey@buffnet.net> wrote:
>
> > Whats interesting is that linux is only a problem for MS due to its
> > widespread use - the best OS Ive ever run has been freebsd - simply
> > because of its robustnest, and how much abuse it can take with good
> > response!
>
> I prefer FreeBSD over Linux too; everything makes more sense. Under Linux,
> the build environment might have been sane, but that was it. >^..^<

We used SCO and because it was horribly crashy and all I had heard of at
the time was linux - I tried linux - it was better but not much - then I
heard about freebsd and freaked at how long a machine would stay up and
stabile and how much more of a workload it could handle, and still stay up
and stable.  Its an amazing piece of work.  Truly amazing.