Date:      Wed, 12 Dec 2001 08:13:28 -0800
From:      "Edstrom Johan" <johan.edstrom@sca.com>
To:        "Lars Eggert" <larse@ISI.EDU>, "Tom Peck" <tom@masaclaw.co.nz>
Cc:        <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: 1 IP - 1 Firewall - 2 Webservers

I perhaps should have read all of the mail.....

Well - Squid got X-Forwarded for,
And that't easy to configure Apache to look into, I believe that the
newer IIS server if that's used also are quite good at that type of
access.

If I remember correctly doing a reverse proxy under Apache would
(with the proxy-pass-reverse) produce pretty much the same result.

But another thing comes to mind, squid do produce quite nice logs
as well?

/JE

Unix is like a wigwam - no gates, no windows, apache inside

 Johan Edstrom, SCA IT Services
 johan.edstrom@sca.com
 Tel      : +1 920 727 8821
 Fax      : +1 920 727 8810