Date:      Tue, 16 Apr 1996 10:19:04 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Bill Fenner <fenner@parc.xerox.com>
Cc:        Tom Samplonius <tom@uniserve.com>, bugs@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bin/1145: tftpd should support -s

: So that you can replace your old tftp server with a FreeBSD box without
: changing the "/my.boot.file" pathname that is in the NVRAM of 50 X-terminals.

Yes.  I replaced a SunOS machine that had ran 'tftpd -s /tftpboot' and
I don't want to have to dink with all the NVRAM settings, some of
which I have no docs for....  It is worse than that on some of the
machines.  They always request the IP address as a hex number, and
don't prefix it with anything.  And all the fonts are retrieved by
tftp because there is no NFS traffic on my network, and can be no NFS
traffic due to security policy.

I've received some feedback from various people, and wish to modify my
patches to reflect their comments.  Is there anything special I need
to do, or should I just do another send-pr?

Warner