Date:      Thu, 2 Oct 2003 05:28:49 +0300
From:      Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu@apropo.ro>
To:        jan@husar.info
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Translation of documents to slovak language (slovakia / slovak republic)

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 15:00:47 +0200 (CEST)
"Jan 'rejden' Husar" <jan@husar.info> wrote:

> Hi,
> i`m translating some freebsd Books and Articles to slovak language
> and i want to ask in which format you want it, i`m doing it all in
> pdf, the freebsd handbook is 70% translated and other will follow,
> so if u can navigate me a little into what you need, also i want
> translate all system manuals (but in future of course :)
> If u have any other documents/articles/manuals you want to
> translate, i will do it.
> Please answear me as soon as you can,
>
> ps : i love opensource :]
>
> Sincerely your`s

Read: /usr/share/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/fdp-primer/book.html
(or http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/fdp-primer/).

It will be of little use if doing it in pdf.
And it's not hard to write it right, SGML' DTD are like html, so to speak, so if you want to value you time do it this way. Use the doc make system to generate html, pdf, ps, etc.

Pay attention to the locale your using, as you need "extra characters" apart from standard asci (western, ISO8859-1), probably ISO8859-2.

My suggestion is to cvsup the docs-all to work on the most recent version and the one of the existing version like template, and to the translation "on place".

IOnut

--
IOnut
FreeBSD unregistered ;) user