Date:      Mon, 13 Jul 1998 22:39:46 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Peter Philipp  <philipp@globalserve.net>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Jeremy Domingue <jer@hughes.net>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Disgruntled Linux User... questions about FreeBSD

On Mon, 13 Jul 1998, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> In short, I simply do not agree with your suggestion that such boards
> should be avoided and the FreeBSD Project would certainly lose several
> very useful machines if we suddenly adopted that kind of hard-line
> stance.

In time I may change my stance, as support for built-in ethernet/scsi
becomes more popular and give a variety of brands to select from.  I'm
glad that people do disagree with me, because then we would have no effort
to improve things as they are developed.  I'm certainly glad that you
disagree with me jkh, this means that at least some of the FreeBSD project
are looking into hardware such as this, and kernel development for the
specific hardware.

Peter