Date:      Tue, 28 Nov 2006 21:00:33 GMT
From:      puc-uart@oldach.net (Helge Oldach)
To:        freebsd-i386@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: i386/105616: UART PCI device just silent...

The following reply was made to PR i386/105616; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: puc-uart@oldach.net (Helge Oldach)
To: xcllnt@mac.com (Marcel Moolenaar)
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 21:49:45 +0100 (CET)

 Hi Marcel,

 one more observation:

 When I connect the two puc uart ports at different speeds, communication
 still works fine. It even works with 50 against 115200 bps, in either
 direction! Even piping files to remote works without visible errors.

 Further, if I place both sides at 50 bps (via "cu -s 50"), communication
 is definitely much faster than one would expect at 50 bps. And it
 doesn't seem to change when both ends are at 115200. I'd say the actual
 speed is somewhere around 9600.

 It seems that setting clock rate on this board does not work properly,
 but instead some default non-standard value remains set forever...

 Regards,
 Helge