Date:      Mon, 3 Apr 1995 10:13:26 +0200
From:      "Christoph P. Kukulies" <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   BSD 'trade mark'

Jordan and other FreeBSD-Incers,

under glass hung at my offices walls I have some snipped out articles from
CTR (Computer Technology Review) out of 1989 (or so) - didn't yet find the
exact year on one of the articles. Anyway, one of them is headed:

"DESPITE UNIX BENEFITS UNIFICATION IS STILL ELUSIVE"
Nearly 50% of UNIX facilities differ
from BSD to System V
     ^^^
by Mark J. Hatch,
Apollo Computer Inc.

In the same issue "Ritchie defends UNIX against its critics".

Just FYI in the course of searching for examples of BSD mentioning
as a 'non trademark' usage. Again, sorry that I can't find out the
exact issue #/date since tha articles are cut out of the mag.

FreeBSD blues 2.1.0-Development FreeBSD 2.1.0-Development #0: Sat Apr  1
17:12:08 MET DST 1995     root@blues:/usr/src/sys/compile/BLUESGUS  i386