Date:      Thu, 18 Apr 1996 23:55:56 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        ache@astral.msk.su (=?KOI8-R?Q?=E1=CE=C4=D2=C5=CA_=FE=C5=D2=CE=CF=D7?=)
Cc:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, scrappy@freefall.freebsd.org, freebsd-bugs@freefall.freebsd.org, core@freebsd.org, muir@idiom.com
Subject:   Re: bin/1019

As =?KOI8-R?Q?=E1=CE=C4=D2=C5=CA_=FE=C5=D2=CE=CF=D7?= wrote:

> > dialer?), but the reason that some PPP packages don't understand a
> > regular Unix login sequence but wanna use PAP or CHAP instead doesn't
> > sound totally unreasonable.  At least, everything is hidden inside a
>
> If you use PAP/CHAP only, don't even start getty over this line,
> just start pppd on it directly.

It's my understanding that the site where David M. Sharnoff (sp?)  is
wants to provide both services on the same modem lines, PPP (with sole
PAP/CHAP authentication), and regular (or UUCP) logins.

The problem is caused by Netcrap not allowing for a regular login:
sequence, apparently.

--
cheers, J"org