Date:      Mon, 2 Aug 1999 18:20:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      hoek@freebsd.org
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re:bin/9281

The following reply was made to PR bin/9281; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: hoek@freebsd.org
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org, murduth@ludd.luth.se
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 21:16:30 -0400 (EDT)

 >When repporting errors (and problably other places i havn't found/looked for)
 >awk puts out garbage due to non null memory from malloc.

 Probable duplicate of gnu/7821 and gnu/12935.

 The patch included in this PR is either harmless or correct (probably
 the latter).  For the moment I've declined to apply it since I'd prefer
 to see gawk upgraded in the contrib section and applying the patch would
 create more conflicts when the upgrade occurs.  However, if nobody
 upgrades gawk within a reasonable time period, the patch should be applied
 to see what it fixes.