Date:      Wed, 29 Nov 2017 19:50:37 +0100
From:      Steffen Nurpmeso <steffen@sdaoden.eu>
To:        Daniel Eischen <eischen@vigrid.com>
Cc:        Jamie Landeg-Jones <jamie@catflap.org>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, bsd-lists@BSDforge.com, khanzf@gmail.com
Subject:   Re: The future of fortune(6)

Daniel Eischen <eischen@vigrid.com> wrote:
 |On Wed, 29 Nov 2017, Jamie Landeg-Jones wrote:
 |> And related to that is editting/pruning the message you're replying to ;-)
 |> As for the fortune bikeshed, I think there are 2 seperate issues that have
 |> been raised, and conflated.
 |>
 |> 1) Whether the offensive datafile should have been removed.
 |And considering that -base is being pkg'ized, shouldn't have the
 |question been "should we keep it in base or move it to ports"?
 |It'll be a package regardless, and just [supposing] because it's
 |in -base doesn't mean it gets installed by default.
 |
 |Not much of an opinion on fortune(6), though sad to see most of it
 |culled.  But perhaps future Danish axings should wait and see how
 |pkg-ized base plays out?  Ask where do we want to maintain it, base
 |or ports; it can be optionally installed either way.
 |
 |And is history saved when moving things from base to ports?

And: are children raised cleaner when they never come in contact
with the dark side.  I think no, it is either itself brainwashing
(many of the Hitlerjugend really believed, did they) or a sign of
mental immaturity or weakness of the parents.  Some cultures
however force(d) special skull or other bone forms for their
youth by putting the bone(s) in question in splints.  That works.

--steffen