Date:      Wed, 21 Feb 2001 12:39:46 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        Akinori MUSHA <knu@iDaemons.org>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, Craig Carey <research@ijs.co.nz>
Subject:   Re: find(1) -regex/-iregex

Akinori MUSHA wrote:

> > I would object if it is a new variant of regexp. I'd say it ought
> > be between egrep and perl, in its functionality.
>
>   - Perl's regexp is known to be a unique variant that is different
>   from the "basic regexp" nor the "extended regexp" ;P

For that matter, anyone talking about "standard" regexp of any kind I
invite to take a look at the include file for gnu regexp, to see just
how many slightly different variants of regexp there are out there in
various utilities.

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

	"Too bad sentience isn't a marketable commodity."