Date:      Tue, 15 Jan 2002 16:00:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docs/33390: Markup fix for tuning.7

The following reply was made to PR docs/33390; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@FreeBSD.org>
To: Ceri <setantae@submonkey.net>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 18:09:53 +0200

 > tuning.7 contains two strange pieces of markup regarding /var/tmp.
 > I can see why it's been done, since the author clearly wishes to refer to
 > /tmp and/or /var/tmp, but it looks horrific :  [/var]/tmp

 How about explicitly mentioning both directories in something like:

 	temporary directories (usually
 	.Pa /var/tmp
 	or
 	.Pa /tmp ")."

 Does this look better to you?

 Although I have to admit that [/var]/tmp does not look that bad.
 Brackets are customarily used to denote optional parts in several
 places (command line arguments in SYNOPSIS sections, for example).

 --
 Giorgos Keramidas . . . . . . . . . keramida@{ceid.upatras.gr,freebsd.org}
 FreeBSD Documentation Project . . . http://www.freebsd.org/docproj/