Date:      Mon, 2 Jun 1997 19:51:55 +0200
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why routed and not gated by default?

According to Brandon Gillespie:
> Just curious, why do we still have the antiquated routed as our default
> router daemon?  It only does RIP doesn't it?  My general and limited

If you've been following current, you know that the current routed is not
the original one. It has been rewritten/enhanced by Vernon Schryver from
SGI and now support more protocols like Router Discovery and RIPv2.

--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: There are no limits -=- roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 3.0-CURRENT #10: Fri May 23 22:47:39 CEST 1997