Date:      Mon, 1 Jul 2002 14:27:00 -0500
From:      "Jeremy Suo-Anttila" <jps@funeralexchange.com>
To:        "Jesse" <jesse@206underground.net>, "Garrett Wollman" <wollman@lcs.mit.edu>
Cc:        <security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: security risk: ktrace(2) in FreeBSD prior to -current.

<rant>

There is no such thing as low volume with people like Brett Glass on here. I
would love to have this list setup to ONLY send out notifications. I think
that 90% of the mail i get from here is flame wars between Brett and someone
who's toes he has stepped on again.

Also Brett no hard feelings but i belive alot of your questions / concerns
should be placed on -questions or -chat there really is no need for these
never ending threads that we have all been seeing lately. There is so much
flaming going on i swear i am going to miss a valid security posting since
there is so much crap coming into my mailbox. I really do not care how YOU
feel FreeBSD is setup or why a certain packages / ports have not been made
to fit your NEEDS this is FreeBSD if you dont like the way its done stop
bitching, moaning, crying and having a general hissy fit about it all and
code the fixes yourself. NO ONE says you have to use FreeBSD so if you
really do not like the way the updates and patch system works go use
something else.

Also i really do not care that you have a zillion machines running various
types of FreeBSD and other embedded OS's. That is not our problem and if you
are concerned about how you are going to protect and update them maybe you
should have taken that into consideration when you purchased the equipment
and you may have steered away from a embedded *blackbox* type devices.

Did you ever stop to think that if you actually STFU for a couple of days
maybe the developers could fix the problems and not have to deal with
responding to your tired ass questions.

</rant>

Also please respond to me in CC since i do not wish to waste anyones
bandwidth.

Thanks

Jps