Date:      Wed, 8 Sep 1999 19:45:48 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        Rod Taylor <dark@idiotswitch.org>, chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Looking for the actual proposal...

Brett,

I think this is where the problem is:

On Wed, Sep 08, 1999 at 09:32:27AM -0600, Brett Glass wrote:
> is that FreeBSD is lacking in good memes, which are more important than good
> code.

On a very fundamental level, I think a lot of the FreeBSD developers (note,
not necessarily the users) disagree very strongly with that statement.  I
doubt that you can change their minds.

 [intentional self-reference] can be easily accommodated using a blessed,
 non-self-referential dummy head-node whose own object destructor severs
 the links.
    -- Tom Christiansen in <375143b5@cs.colorado.edu>