Date:      Sat, 10 Oct 1998 16:16:50 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
Cc:        Eivind Eklund <eivind@yes.no>, Justin Clift <vapour@digitaldistribution.com>, freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG, kpielorz@tdx.co.uk
Subject:   Re: *very* important addition to the installation instructions

> If they were to find something that has become an undocumented
> "technical fix" in a later version, we must assume they will find their
> way to freebsd-questions and be treated kindly there by those with good
> memories.

I see nowhere here any stipulation against putting a note in the FAQ
or handbook, appropriately marked as applicable to FreeBSD 2.2.7 and
earlier releases.  I suggest the FAQ as the best vehicle for this, and
sending your contribution to faq@freebsd.org as diffs to the existing
FAQ (which is readily cvsup/ftp/CTMable) is far more likely to resolve
this problem expediently than any other course of action I could think
of.

- Jordan