Date:      Sun, 12 Nov 2000 10:02:02 +0800
From:      "Mathias Körber" <mathias.koerber@nominum.com>
To:        "Greg Lehey" <grog@lemis.com>, "Doug Barton" <DougB@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        <heckfordj@psi-domain.co.uk>, <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.org>, "Mathias Körber" <Mathias.Koerber@nominum.com>, "FreeBSD Committers" <cvs-committers@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   RE: BIND 8.2.2-P5 Possible DOS

> I'm currently in a Singapore Linux User group meeting, and we were
> discussing this matter.  Mathias K=F6rber of Nominum is of the opinion
> that it's wrong to use BIND 8.2.3-T6b in -STABLE.  He also doubts that
> this particular bug is fixed in this version.  I don't have enough
> knowledge of the issues to comment.  Does anybody else?

Please note: I said I personally would not think using any -BETA
product in a release is not so good a thing.
I also said that I'm not sure whether it is fixed in 8.2.3, as
	a) the fix is new
	b) I'm not in the development cycle in Nominum

It turns out that 8.2.3* whatever does not have the bug, so is safe,
but that was not clear (to me) at that point.

My opinions in this matter are not official opinions of Nominum
in any case.

Mathias