Date:      Mon, 17 Jul 2017 17:03:05 +0200
From:      "Vlad K." <vlad-fbsd@acheronmedia.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: stack_guard hardening bsdinstall option in STABLE and 11.1

On 2017-07-17 16:11, Glen Barber wrote:

> kib gave feedback on this in an earlier reply (which I missed before
> replying myself).

Neither of which answered my questions, I'm sorry. My question was not
about stack sizes in 32 or 64 bit installations, nor about the quality
of the fix (if I parse the rm libtrh comment correctly).

I simply asked if it's safe to assume the sysctl to be an integer in
11.1 (I'm guessing yes looking at the commits to STABLE, but wanted to
be sure), and I also asked why wasn't the bsdinstall-er option change
MFC'd after 1 day, two weeks ago, whether it's by omission, simply
ENOTIME, or something else...

--
Vlad K.