Date:      Sun, 15 Oct 2000 20:08:42 +0200
From:      Nora Etukudo <nora@sappho-net.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   wondered, why I didn't had this problem too (was: Error: your port uses an old layout.  Please update it to match this bsd.port.mk. - SOLVED)

On Sun, Oct 15, 2000 at 12:51:34PM -0400, Brett Taylor wrote:

> My guess is you use CVSup to get the ports. CVSup will not remove the old
> pkg/ and patches/ directory when they are empty.  The new format puts all

Nice! :-)

During the last few days I wondered, why I didn't had this problem too.

Now, I know: I never fiddled with 'cvssup' or the like but always did a
'rsync' from 'FreeBSD/FreeBSD-current/ports'.

Sometimes it might have advantages not to go the recommended way. ;-)

Liebe Grüße, Nora.
--
nora@sappho-net.de                            http://www.sappho-net.de/
     Lesbian Computer Networks, Finland       http://www.sappho.net/