Date:      Tue, 13 Feb 1996 13:02:05 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        wosch@cs.tu-berlin.de
Cc:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, wosch@freefall.freebsd.org, CVS-committers@freefall.freebsd.org, cvs-ports@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit:  ports/sysutils/top/files m_freebsd21.c m_freebsd21.man defaults ports/sysutils/top Makefile

 * After shipping FreeBSD 2.0.5 CDROM, I received a half dozen mails
 * from users, who read the man page (sic!!!) of the adduser(8)
 * command:
 *
 * [...]
 * HISTORY
 *      The adduser command appeared in FreeBSD 2.1

That is a totally different issue.  The next scheduled release was
2.1, but we decided to release 2.0.5 first.  Unfortunately, we forgot
to fix the adduser man page (as well as a few others).

The ports tree is in FreeBSD-current, which is also called 2.2-current
because it is scheduled to ship with the 2.2 release.  There is no
reason to call anything 2.1 in there.

Satoshi