Date:      Tue, 12 Dec 2000 09:05:47 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Mark Powell <M.S.Powell@salford.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: About GCC 2.95.2 -O2 bug

In article <913bgg$j34$1@mimas.salford.ac.uk>,
Kenneth Mays <kmays2000@hotmail.com> wrote:
>Hey,
>
>I remember seeing something in the GCC snapshots that the optimization
bug
>was fixed. You should test with GCC 2.95.2 with a clean environment and
>document exactly your setup and procedures for testing the bug.

It was a clean environment. I would provide some help in finding the bug.
However, I don't know where the CRC is ever generated in the src and my
x86 assembler isn't great either. Done little assembler since my 68000
days :(
  Cheers.

Mark Powell - UNIX System Administrator - The University of Salford
Academic Information Services, Clifford Whitworth Building,
Salford University, Manchester, M5 4WT, UK.
Tel: +44 161 295 5936  Fax: +44 161 295 5888  www.pgp.com for PGP key