Date:      Tue, 22 Dec 1998 14:17:17 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Viren R. Shah" <viren@rstcorp.com>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        crossd@cs.rpi.edu, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   re: error: configured irq 5 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0

 DEC> The remedy is to find what IRQ it is really using.  When I had
 DEC> this problem I swore I knew what IRQ the UART was using, and
 DEC> that FreeBSD was wrong, after reviewing the code,  and changing
 DEC> the IRQ (from 4 to 3 in this case), it  worked fine.

 BDE> It checks all IRQs without trapping, but the check (and normal operation)
 BDE> may be broken by almost any device physically bound to the same irq,
 BDE> independently of the probe order (exception: sio devices on the same
 BDE> irq but not yet probed are specially handled so that they don't interfere
 BDE> with previous probes).

I'll check (as soon as I get home) whether there is anything else
using irq 5. If not, I'll try changing things around (which will be
fun, since this is an old EISA machine).

Thanks guys
Viren
--
Viren Shah                    | "No amount of source-level verification
Research Associate, RST Inc.  |  or scrutiny will protect you from using