Date:      Thu, 12 Dec 2002 18:10:12 -0800 (PST)
From:      Rhett Monteg Hollander <victorysoldier@yahoo.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Cyrix CPUs, was: Re: Repeatable crash from nautilus2

What Cyrix CPU? And what OS'es? And maybe vice versa?
I do remember hard issues with WinNT 3.51 and original
Win'95 when running on Cyrix 5x86\6x86 or NexGen
Nx586. I agree there were some bugs in return stack
and branch prediction of Cx5x86, but Intel CPUs are
not bug-free, and every chip still comes supplied with
a pretty errata list. Another question is quality of
Microsoft OS'es and their VC++ compiler. They are
still far from perfect, like 7 years ago...

---
Regards,
 Rhett