Date:      Thu, 4 Feb 1999 09:35:47 -0700
From:      Kenneth Ingham <ingham@i-pi.com>
To:        "Christopher G. Petrilli" <petrilli@amber.org>, Richard Wackerbarth <rkw@dataplex.net>
Cc:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Enabling bpf device in kernel (was: Re: tcpdump)

> Ick, I've never had anything but sickness with DHCP on Unices...
I've run several with DHCP (including FreeBSD, Linux, and IRIX) and they
all run fine.

The idea of a question at install time to decide whether to use DHCP or
a statis IP addr sounds good to me, as does making ISC DCHP part of the
normal distribution (it's what I always use as a UNIX client).

Kenneth