Date:      Thu, 21 Feb 2002 13:44:07 -0800
From:      Luigi Rizzo <rizzo@icir.org>
To:        Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
Cc:        Brian White <bwhite@moab.cs.utah.edu>, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SACK (and older TCP stack) availability?

On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 01:54:20AM +0000, Mike Silbersack wrote:

> > I tracked a thread from Aug 2001 in which Harkirat Singh announced his
> > SACK implementation.  But, this thread seems to have ended prematurely and
> > grep'ing for SACK in current does not turn up anything interesting.  What
> > is it's status?  Was the 4.3 SACK diff stable?
>
> I never got time to test it, nor did any other committer I'm aware of.
> If someone were to do some good testing of the patch and post the results,
> that would be highly helpful in getting it on the road to being committed.
> Unadvocated patches ususally don't get committed.

I actually looked at the patches, and by visual inspection,
they broke the flow for standard TCP connections when SACK
was disabled. This was also verified with TBIT.
So even if the SACK implementation was correct
(which I haven't checked in detail) they are a no-go
unless someone puts significant work on them.

	cheers
	luigi