Date:      Thu, 13 Dec 2001 15:36:46 +0100
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>, grog@FreeBSD.ORG, hitmaster2k@yahoo.com, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [OT] RMS Suing was [SUGGESTION] - JFS for FreeBSD

In message <4.3.2.7.2.20011213072327.043556b0@localhost>, Brett Glass writes:
>At 01:36 AM 12/13/2001, Terry Lambert wrote:
>
>>Brett: don't go of half cocked.  Contamination is not an issue, since
>>most FreeBSD won't ever let it be.  You need to read the whole thread.
>
>I've read the thread, and I'm concerned. Already, FreeBSD simply
>CANNOT BE BUILT and WILL NOT RUN IN THE DEFAULT INSTALL without
>GPLed code. This means that it is already contaminated, and it
>is truly sad that the project leadership has not made removing
>this contamination a primary goal.

Brett,

I've been working on FreeBSD since the very beginning, yet I have
a hard time judging your claim above as either true or false.

I'm not having a hard time because I don't know enough about
FreeBSD, our kernel, our build environment or our installation
procedure, but because your claim is vague and incomplete.

Your statement is comparable to the tabloid headline:

	 "NASA cause of DEATH by launching SHUTTLE!"

(The article talked about birds nesting stoopid places.)

You will never sway the FreeBSD project with such creative
headline writing.

If you can't communicate any other way then please go away.  I'm
sure OpenBSD with their more strict attitude to GPL will find your
"uncompromising" zealotism welcome.