Date:      Sat, 17 Feb 2007 15:27:37 +0200
From:      "V.Chukharev" <chukharev@mail.ru>
To:        "Jeremie Le Hen" <jeremie@le-hen.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, cognet@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: iwi leaks memory?

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 23:10:24 +0200, V.Chukharev <chukharev@mail.ru> wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 19:43:17 +0200, Jeremie Le Hen <jeremie@le-hen.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> cognet@ has once provided me a tiny hack to the iwi(4) driver and
>> I never get such errors.  Maybe I'm not suffering enough UP/DOWN
>> cycles to trigger it, but it might be worth trying it.
>>
>> Note that he has insisted that this is a *hack*.
>>
>> The patch is attached.  Please let us know if it makes things
>> better.
>
> I cannot apply the patch ;-(
> It seems it's for CURRENT, and I run STABLE.

I applyed the patch regenerated by Oliver against STABLE (I did not recieve
the message, found it on the list archive, that's the reason for replying to myself).

Yes, the patch helps. The driver did not complain after 100 down/up cycles.
Before the patch, it started to complain usually after 6..8 cycles.

>> Regards,
>
> All the best,

Thanks!
--