Date:      Thu, 19 Aug 1999 11:41:18 +0900
From:      Motoyuki Konno <motoyuki@snipe.rim.or.jp>
To:        asami@freebsd.org (Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami)
Cc:        Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>, doc@freebsd.org, doc-jp@jp.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: DocBook FAQ translations required ASAP

Hi,

asami@freebsd.org (Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami) wrote:
> (Nik, ignore the first one -- forgot to CC: the lists.)
>
>  * From: Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
>
> Nik, the biggest issue is "why did you do it this way"?  There are
> three things that are/have to be done: translations to be synced,
> conversion of format, and the directory change.  By linking the second
> and third together, you are interfering with the first.  And by
> careful planning and judicious use of tags and freezes, we could have
> made the whole process much easier.
>
> Now the Japanese team is stuck with two sets of FAQs (English and
> Japanese), which were not synced properly, and are in different
> formats.  You see the problem?

This is the reason why Japanese doc team feels difficulty to rewrite
the FreeBSD FAQ.  If we knew we have to rewrite the FAQ, we would sync
the Japanese FAQ to the English version before the CVS repository
change.  The rewrite-work would be more simple and more easy.

I wonder why Nik did not tell us before the CVS repository change.