Date:      Mon, 22 May 2000 00:57:17 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>
Cc:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>, Doug Barton <DougB@gorean.org>, Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>, Warner Losh <imp@village.org>, cjclark@home.com, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The procfs Hole in 2.2.8-STABLE?

> I agree completely with this, and hope that Jordan doesn't have a 3.5
> planned.  We need to move forward and focus more on RELENG_4.

Woogod, let's not go here again!  We went over the whole "what was
planned WILL happen" thread ad-nauseum about a month ago and suffice
it to say that 3.5 WILL happen, it's been requested by at least twice
as many people as have asked that it not happen, end of story.

In fact, there were previously plans to do it as a "network only"
release and not do a CD release, but BSDi has been forced to change
even that decision in the face of customer pressure.  Various
customers are saying that they want 3.5 on CD and they're waving their
checkbooks around.  In the world of business, that generally results
in a change of heart and this situation is no different.  If BSDi
didn't do a CD of 3.5, somebody else also would have.  I have hard
evidence of this. :)

- Jordan