Date:      Thu, 2 Sep 1999 12:16:55 +0200
From:      Phil Regnauld <regnauld@ftf.net>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sorry, I just couldn't let this go by...

Brett Glass writes:

> No, Jordan, I do not "slam" FreeBSD or BSD UNIX in general, and you should
> not attempt to discredit me by making this false claim. I do carefully critique
> the way in which BSD UNIX in general is being marketed, promoted, and evangelized.

	<PARSE ERROR>
	TO criticize (criticise, UK spelling)
	A critique
	</PARSE ERROR>

> Advocacy is more than just being a "booster" or shouting "Rah! Rah!" on the
> sidelines. It also involves identifying problems and solving them. It seems
> as if some of the members of this list would rather shoot the messenger than
> deal with FreeBSD's problems in the area of marketing and evangelism. Recognition
> of the problem -- which even according to David's numbers is growing
> exponentially -- is necessary before right action can be taken.

	You're trying to get people to forcefully "recognize" a problem.

	And I say "a" problem because so far you're disagreeing with David
	Greenman's "non-scientific" approach to gathering the data.

	Tell me, then, what the scientifically correct way would be ?

--
Division by Zero error -- multiplying by zero to recover.