Date:      Wed, 15 Sep 2010 20:54:01 +0700
From:      =?UTF-8?B?IkMuIEJlcmdzdHLDtm0i?= <cbergstrom@pathscale.com>
To:        Jonathan McKeown <j.mckeown@ru.ac.za>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: this is probably a little touchy to ask...

Jonathan McKeown wrote:

> Yes. It lies with Sun and Oracle, and the licensing terms that prevent the
> FreeBSD project from distributing modified Java packages. More generally, the
> problem lies with companies who won't support FreeBSD but also prevent the
> project from supporting their product itself.

I've been wanting to ignore this thread because I know the amount of
work involved, but....

#1 Why doesn't someone sign-up and get the OpenJDK validation suite?
#2 Why doesn't someone pull Icedtea6, build it and then run the OpenJDK
validation suite?

I don't know if waiting for others is going to get the desired results
in this case..

After the project is rolling I'm happy to help make suggestions or give
a hand with how to make Hotspot and the whole JDK a little better
performance.

Thanks

./C