Date:      Wed, 7 Jun 2000 11:15:37 -0400
From:      "leegold" <goldtech@worldpost.com>
To:        <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: x-windows

ATI xpert2000 THERE is no support on how to apply the fix for this card.
it's buggy in xfree86 and i have to do something w.the source tree to apply
the fix. it ain't gonna happen - nobodies gonna give me STEP-STEP
instructions on how to apply the fix - may have to recompile the source.

i haven't gotten the support i need either from ATI , X11, questions mail
group, or on-line docs, or xi386 x newsgroups on how to do the fix. so
screw-it , i swapped the NEW cool ATI for the STB Velocity128 in my old
DELL. And will try anew.( the ati installed fine on NT4.0 - via OEM
support ). Now let me try w/the STB card - so far I have be getting some
fatal x error mess. and can't get x working. but i'll try again today.

i am a bit cranky, been up all nite trying to get x to work.

in contrast freeBSD itself installs beautifully.