Date:      Wed, 4 Sep 1996 18:14:58 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        rkw@dataplex.net (Richard Wackerbarth)
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com, terry@lambert.org, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Latest Current build failure

> As usual, the "powers that be" refuse to either make changes or allow
> others to do so.
>
> I described in detail an exact methodology which would at least allow us to
> test the assertions that "there is no problem". I even offered to
> coordinate the changes. However, since I'm not one of the "anointed
> few"......
> The status quo wins again. :-(
>
> I'm afraid I'll have to side with Terry. (January or February ?)

Understand that this is a process problem, not a "powers that be"
problem.

This is not a case of siding "with Terry" and "against the powers that
be".  This is a case of pointing at a broken process and saying out
loud "Oh, look!  A broken process!".

If you are looking at this as a "powers that be" problem, then you are
pointing at the effect and calling it the cause.

The first step towards a fix is to allow the process to be changed,
and to attack all the systemic problems from that angle.  This will
have the effect of relieving the pressure on Jordan and David, and
it will then be possible to tackle the other, more meaningful, problems.

					Regards,
					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---