Date:      Sun, 06 Dec 1998 13:44:52 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        alk@pobox.com
Cc:        net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: resolver behaviour

I guess my only real question here is why Paul Vixie isn't being asked
for this feature rather than us.  Since we basically just track BIND
from him and have every intention of continuing to do so, if it's a
feature you can sell to him then it's a feature we're obviously going
to adopt.  If, on the other hand, you *can't* sell the feature to him
then that would be a big doc fork for us at the very least and
probably a showstopper for getting it into FreeBSD anyway.  It's just
too big a win to be able to say "Just go read the BIND docs and stop
pestering me for tech support on 3rd party software."

- Jordan