Date:      Wed, 30 Aug 2000 16:54:51 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        phk@freebsd.org
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   recent change to conf.h breaks xosview port

Hi Poul-Henning,

As of rev 1.116 of sys/sys/conf.h, the xosview port no longer builds.
Your delta added 3 struct timespec members to struct specinfo.

The affected xosview file includes the following headers files in
order:

#include <sys/param.h>
#include <sys/conf.h>

[...]

The breakage looks like this:

In file included from swapinternal.cc:67:
/usr/include/sys/conf.h:59: field `si_atime' has incomplete type
/usr/include/sys/conf.h:60: field `si_ctime' has incomplete type
/usr/include/sys/conf.h:61: field `si_mtime' has incomplete type

Including <sys/time.h> between the inclusion of <sys/param.h> and
<sys/conf.h> corrects the problem.

Was this use of <sys/conf.h> always broken and only now problematic, or
is there a new problem in <sys/conf.h>?

To me, it looks like <sys/conf.h> should pull <sys/time.h> in for
itself, although I understand that pollution comes along with that.

Ciao,
Sheldo.