Date:      Sun, 13 Feb 2005 16:10:00 +0100
From:      Borja Marcos <borjamar@sarenet.es>
To:        Willem Jan Withagen <wjw@withagen.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Devilator - performance monitoring for FreeBSD

> Wait until you would like to do a larger server park. Then you start
> running into performance issues because you nee to setup a full
> ssh/tcp connection. Whereas SNMP-v3 over UDP is a lot faster and
> simpler. And it is not like you are transporting majore security type
> data????

	Well, I've been using orcallator and Orca to monitor 20+ Solaris
servers for some years, and a small Sun Netra T1 is capable of keeping
up with the data.

	The good thing about using an agent in each machine is that you get
more consistent info.

	BTW, it will be released his week. I'm completing the network
statistics, and testing on i386 and sparc64.

	Borja.