Date:      Tue, 26 Mar 2002 00:10:06 -0800 (PST)
From:      Thomas Quinot <thomas@cuivre.fr.eu.org>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/36309: [patch] Wrong mnt_iosize_max calculation in FFS

The following reply was made to PR kern/36309; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Thomas Quinot <thomas@cuivre.fr.eu.org>
To: Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc: Thomas Quinot <thomas@cuivre.fr.eu.org>,
	FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 09:09:09 +0100

 Le 2002-03-26, Bruce Evans écrivait :

 > Actually, it is supposed to increase the default value of mnt_iosize_max
 > (which I think is always DFLTPHYS) to the size actually supported by the
 > device.  The comparsion is in the correct direction for that.  This is
 > used mainly by ata devices to increase the size from 64K (to 128K for
 > ata disks).

 OK, makes sense.

 > I think mp->mnt_iosize_max is only used in vfs_cluster.c, so it only
 > needs to be set in filesystems that use vfs_cluster.c.

 Yep. As a matter of fact, I stumbled on that problem with a device that
 required an si_iosize_max of 32 Kb. Once that was set in the driver, I
 could newfs it just fine, but copying files onto it would still produce
 errors.

 Do you think you can commit your fix?

 Thanks,
 Thomas.