Date:      Fri, 21 Mar 2003 18:32:17 +0300
From:      Yar Tikhiy <yar@freebsd.org>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Build options for kernel modules

Hi there,

Excuse my stupid question, but I seem to have no time to do the
investigation by myself right now so I'd be glad to receive a brief
answer from someone who has the information.

As far as I can see, kernel modules should be built along with the
kernel for the only reason of keeping their mutual interfaces in
sync, has a source file defining such an interface changed.  Is
there currently no way to go further and affect a kernel module's
built-in features with kernel config file options, besides modifying
makefiles in /sys/modules?

--
Yar