Date:      Fri, 13 Sep 1996 00:11:49 +0900
From:      Hiroyuki Hanai <hanai@hanaigw.astec.co.jp>
To:        jfieber@indiana.edu
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New conversion scheme in place.

Sorry to be late...

John Fieber wrote:
> Yes, from the web server.  For each
> http://www.freebsd.org/tutorials/foo/foo.html, there is an
> http://www.freebsd.org/tutorials/foo/foo.sgml.

Thank you. I've gotten them.

> > We also have big TODO!, which is to include our Japanese version of
> > handbook in the FreeBSD source tree but we don't have clear vision
> > to do it.
>
> I've been thinking about this too.  I've got some ideas, but am
> open to suggestions.

We(Japanese Documentation team) are discussing about this and I can
send you our proposal in a few days.

> groff 1.10.  Groff 1.10 which was just brought into current.  I'd
> personally rather not take on the task of bringing the patches
> into -current.  Would anyone like to take responsibility for
> investigating and ultimately implementing this?

I'm looking for but so far I cannot find the person who can maintain and
be responsible for (j)groff.
If I cannot find in a few weeks, I'm going to try reading the source codes
and the japanization patch, and I will tell you whether we can be responsible
for groff.

> Regardless, we can still generate html for Japanese documents
> with or without j-groff.

Yes!!

> Dropping the 8th bit is no longer Politically Correct.  ;-)

(^_^)

-----H.Hanai