Date:      Mon, 16 Dec 2002 07:55:49 -0200
From:      Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira <lioux@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD-doc@FreeBSD.org, Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: (review plz) Documenting MASTER_SITES:n code

On Sun, Dec 15, 2002 at 08:39:28PM +0000, Nik Clayton wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 08, 2002 at 09:49:12PM -0200, Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira wrote:
> > 	That was the previous documentation. :) I've just finished
> > writing a thourough documentation for MASTER_SITES:n feature.
>
> [...]
>
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~lioux/book.html.gz#PORTING-MASTER-SITES-N
>
> Thanks for the updates.
>
> Having read that, I'd tack your new section 4.4.7.2 ("Detailed
> information") on to the end of the existing section.

	Humm, I've just updated the documentation with
feedback from keramida. Could you check it? It is a lot less informal. :)
And the markup is way better.

> IMHO the replacement for the main body of 4.4.7 doesn't add to the
> original text, and in the replacement text I'd prefer to see fewer

	I've just added that information as a historical background
of the feature: where did it come from; as well as for creditting
OpenBSD for the original idea. :)

	Check the updated version, I am sure there is a lot
of room for improvement. hehe

# sample Porters' Handbook with added section
http://people.FreeBSD.org/~lioux/book.html.gz

# patch against Porter's Handbook
http://people.FreeBSD.org/~lioux/patch-book.sgml

	Regards,

--
Mario S F Ferreira - DF - Brazil - "I guess this is a signature."
Computer Science Undergraduate | FreeBSD Committer | CS Developer