Date:      Mon, 2 Sep 1996 16:50:50 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Michael Beckmann <petzi@zit.th-darmstadt.de>
To:        isp@freebsd.org, hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Cyclades 8 Port ISA problems

Hello,

I have installed a Cyclades multiport card and compiled a new Kernel with
the cy driver. Then I followed the instructions in the FreeBSD Handbook on
the web pages, and made the device special files. Then I entered these
devices in /etc/ttys . But after the reboot, I'm always getting messages
about ttyc4 to 7 not being configured. Any ideas what went wrong ? The
boot messages say that the card is being recognized.
Unfortunately I don't have the card documentation handy.

Sep 2 18:33:55 dalx7 getty: /dev/ttyc4: Device not configured
Sep 2 18:33:55 dalx7 getty: /dev/ttyc5: Device not configured
Sep 2 18:33:55 dalx7 getty: /dev/ttyc7: Device not configured
Sep 2 18:33:55 dalx7 getty: /dev/ttyc6: Device not configured

Michael