Date:      Tue, 25 Jan 2000 00:56:44 +0000
From:      George Cox <gjvc@extremis.demon.co.uk>
To:        Alexander Langer <alex@big.endian.de>
Cc:        David O'Brien <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.0-release (ports) schedule

On 24/01 20:50, Alexander Langer wrote:

> Just FYI, maybe you can do something against this strict handling.
> Or not, I don't know. Somehow, it's very good that the compiler does
> this...

Ports with such sloppy code should be patched as part of the port process,
or better, have the original authors ass WHUPPED and have them be taught
the virtues of using the compiler flags

  '-Wall -Wa-few-other-things-documented-in-the-man-page'

on _every_ _source_ _file_ _they_ _compile_.

End rant.

gjvc

--
[gjvc]