Date:      Sun, 29 Oct 2000 10:08:20 -0700 (MST)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@yogotech.com>
To:        mmercer@ipass.net
Cc:        Max Khon <fjoe@iclub.nsu.ru>, freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem with appletviewer in jdk1.2.2b10

> I understood your answer to the question : is it supposed to be so or
> not? (yes) to mean it is supposed to be built. With that in context,
> my question, will it be corrected any time soon?  is asking will the
> build be corrected to compile the shared library of gcc.

libgcc is *NOT* supposed to be built shared.  However, as you point out,
the binaries created by gcc are dependant upon these routines, so they
should be linked into the final executable.

IMO, the problem is in the linker not pulling these routines into the
'driver' binaries, but I don't know how to fix that.

In short, this isn't a JDK problem per-se, but a build-tool problem.

Nate