Date:      Tue, 5 Aug 1997 01:32:29 -0700 (PDT)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com, helbig@MX.BA-Stuttgart.De, andreas@klemm.gtn.com, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Current is currently really a mess (was: Re: Tk/Tcl broken(?))

 * I don't want to sound like I'm coming down on anyone here, but if the
 * ports stuff was set up to be less intertwingled with the base system,
 * this wouldn't be so much of an issue.

Well, that is the crux of the problem.  I am currently working on
that.  (The shared library is the largest problem here...the rest is
not that hard if we choose to ignore tcl in the base system.)

Satoshi