Date:      Sun, 08 Mar 1998 23:52:49 -0800
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Someone needs to re-develop "Softupdates"

The intent of Kirk is to allow hackers or plain users of FreeBSD to
use soft updates any commercial entity wishing to profit from it
must first strike a deal with Kirk. Is that simple and we have
an e-mail from Kirk to that effect. If you are a commercial
entity and wish clarification take it up with Kirk and for
the rest us (hackers) the code is free to use.

	Amancio