Date:      Sun, 22 Aug 2021 18:40:27 +0200
From:      Ralf Mardorf <ralf-mardorf@riseup.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DKIM

On Sun, 22 Aug 2021 10:04:58 -0500, Valeri Galtsev wrote:
>Just for fun I tested, and this another  "google" search engine did
>not better than my regular "duckduckgo" into technical part, or even
>rather did worse towards "t-shirts" and other stuff you mentioned ;-)

Valeri,

did you try to search for t-shirts by image?

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/search_by_image/

"A powerful reverse image search tool, with support for various search
engines"

The default search engines seem to be "Google, Bing, Yandex, Baidu and
TinEye", at least those are checked here. IIRC I never edited the
checked/unchecked search engines.

The complete list of reverse image search engines doesn't contain
DuckDuckGo [1].

>Department of Astronomy

A few days back we had 3 active meteor showers, one of them the
Perseids close at their peak. I've done a 30 seconds interval, by 20
seconds time exposures and 10 seconds processing time.

Don't worry, I'll come back to Google vs other search engines.

I got a lot of plane navigation lights, everything that looks like a
meteor at a first glance obviously are planes far away, since they
start at 1 interval and continue for usually 2 intervals, but at
least for a second interval.

One shot shows something, that likely is a satellite flare.

One "star" seems to be only visible on 1 interval out of 721 interval
shots + 1 test shot before starting the interval.

The shooting was done in the night from 14 to 15 August. IIUC even a
supernova is visible for longer than 30 seconds, let alone that this
August a visible supernova was days before the night from 14 to 15
August.

Btw. I didn't try a reverse image search engine, but googled and made
my way by following one link by another, IIRC starting with Wikipedia.

There seems to be not a single meteor on any of the 722 photos.

Probably no search engine is much of a help to analyse the photos
since I don't have any astronomical skills.

For BSD, Linux, POSIX, UNIX novices man pages and search engines are
similar useless. Today I like man pages a lot, but in the beginning I
was in favour of search engines, since man pages were way to hard to
understand without enough basic knowledge.

However, you are able to use DuckDuckGo with good search terms. A real
beginner tends to use naive search terms and due to Google's
advanced analysis and data mining, Google IMO provides more useful
hits. Keep in mind, Google knows when search engine users are
pregnant, before the users know they are, but maybe this is just an
urban myth. If so, its a good myth.

Regards,
Ralf

[1]