Date:      Fri, 13 Sep 1996 13:17:06 +0400 (MSD)
From:      Alexey Pialkin <pialkin@abel.pdmi.ras.ru>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        ache@nagual.ru, spblug@tsctube.spb.su, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ATAPI patch

> > I don't sure about anything :) For example - my Panasonic 572B doesn't need
> > any delays at all.But GoldStar does.So i don't realy know which one are
> > neccessary and which not :(
>
> I think what he was wondering was whether you'd managed to make the
> GoldStar work with any *less* delays, e.g. is each and every one of them
> known to be necessary?

Ugh. Got a point.
Yeah - i think it is possible to stay DELAYs only in atapi_probe() - all others
are not so neccesary.

P.S. sorry for such unended patch - but as i said before it's just a hack to get work CDROM. I hope someone sometime will able to write complet ATAPI driver and we will remeber this prolems just as a nightmare that have passed :)

Alexey Pialkin