Date:      Thu, 05 May 2022 18:24:06 +0800
From:      Philip Paeps <philip@freebsd.org>
To:        "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>
Cc:        postmaster@FreeBSD.org, ctm-users@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: removal of ctm delta mail lists on @freebsd.org

On 2022-05-05 17:53:55 (+0800), Julian H. Stacey wrote:
> Reminder to postmaster@freebsd.org No reply received

Your message arrived.  I've not had time to check.  At first glance it
looks like those lists were never migrated from mailman to mlmmj and we
stopped generating mailman aliases a while back.

>> If you @freebsd.org have deleted some or all of those lists, please
>> let me
>> know & I will delete your addresses from the aliases list
>> above, & I would also delete from http://www.berklix.org/ctm/#list

I think that's fine.

>> BTW if CTM lists dont show up on freebsd.org mailman proves nothing
>> either way,
>> as a long time back (way before freebsd.org started migration from
>> mailman to whatever),
>> the admins of mailman on freebsd.org made the ctm delta lists hidden,
>> but they still worked.

As far as we're concerned, ctm died with cvs, two revision control
migrations ago.  It's a lot cheaper to reject spam directed at its
corpse with "mailbox doesn't exist" at the gate on mx1 than to let the
message get as far as mlmmj and reject or bounce it there.

Thanks.

Philip

--
Philip Paeps