Date:      Tue, 4 Feb 1997 16:06:36 -0500 (EST)
From:      Steve <shovey@buffnet.net>
To:        Robert Shady <rls@mail.id.net>
Cc:        chris@main.netcorps.com, freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FrontPage Extenstions

On Tue, 4 Feb 1997, Robert Shady wrote:

> > > I read from Ready-to-Run's frontpage section it isn't compatible with
> > > BSD's encryption.  Does anyone know if that's still the case.  (You just
> > > never know with Microsoft, if you're reading something that's current.)
> >
> > You a brave soul  - I personally wouldnt want that big a security hole.
>
> Is that what you tell your customers who beg for Front Page extensions because
> they have absolutely know idea how to "code" a web page otherwise?

Yes.  I say "Unless you want to rent an entire machine dedicated to YOUR
site, at $xxxx.00/mth, I cannot oblige you. What you want is not secure
and I cannot jeopardize other customers.  If you choose to rent an entire
machine to this purpose, We will not be hel responsible in the event of a
cracke incursion."

Or something very close.  Most people are thankful to know they are beeing
looked out for.

You can use front page to make pages, without using front page junk in
your web server.